Hiding income in a trust to avoid paying child support

Q: My ex-husband and I separated four years ago. We have two daughters from our marriage, now aged nine and 11. My ex-husband has limited contact with them; they only stay with him on Fridays every second weekend.

After we separated my ex-husband set up a commercial cleaning business that appears to be very profitable. Last July he transferred the business, along with some other personal investments to a trust. This has reduced his personal income to next to nothing.

Since then, I have only received the minimum amount of child support payable from him (just over $1000 per year). I work as a primary school teacher and have not re-partnered. I am struggling to make ends meet. What can I do?

See my answer on the Ex-Files article published on the NZ Herald website here

Related Posts.

Ready to Get Things

Request a consultation, we'll take care of it.