How do I protect myself if my partner is contributing less to buy a property?

Question: My partner and I want to buy a townhouse when it goes to auction. I am due to receive a substantial inheritance shortly so I will provide the full deposit. I also earn more than my partner so will contribute a greater proportion towards the mortgage. How do I get a proper value for the townhouse? How do I protect myself in case our relationship goes south?

Answer: Buying a property is an exciting time in any relationship but it can feel complicated if you are contributing different amounts to the purchase. There are steps you can take to protect your inheritance if you and your partner separate in the future.

Continue reading this article on the NZ Herald.

Related Posts.

Relationship Property

May 2, 2015
Relationship Property

Ready to Get Things

Request a consultation, we'll take care of it.